Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fun Saturday

In addition to watching the World Cup games, we had a full day! First, we dropped Molli off to get a haircut for the summer. She looks like a lion to say the least.

Before...
After.....

After we dropped Molli off for her shave, we headed downtown to check out the Farmer's market. We were inspired while we were there to cook up a nice dinner with fresh veggies, Gulf of Mexico shrimp, and fresh hand made garlic and herb pasta. Even Mason liked the pasta to my surprise. He is part Italian so, I shouldn't be too shocked he likes pasta with pesto sauce. Then I made pineapple and coconut frosting cupcakes for Father's day dessert.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That food looked absolutely delicious and so glad to hear you liked the pasta..and yes you are half Italian!!! Mommy made a very delicious looking dessert!! What a baker she is....and of course all the pics were ADORABLE!!!

Ohh Molli is scalped! at least she will be cool for the summer and of course she looks cute too.

Love you....Grandma

Renee said...

Yum! The food and dessert looked fantastic! This is only the start Mason of liking different varieties of foods to come! I'm a big fan of the pesto pasta too! Share with me next time okay bud!? haha XOXO

Your daddy is so skilled in cooking meals and your mommy is such an expert baker....You got best of both worlds Mason! Glad you enjoyed the food!

Even though Molli is completely scalped, I think you would agree that she is still cute as a button no matter what happens to her! I love Molli! Sometimes dogs can be the best companions, so you two should stick together!

Love you always & forever,
Aunt Renee