
Tonight I decided to do a trial run with the paci. After his bath he normally asks for his bopee. This time was different. I wanted to see what I was going to be in for come the real time to take away the paci. I had Ben go cut the tip off the paci and give it to him to see his reaction to it. (Can't wait when he reads this years from now) To my surprise he didn't cry or have a meltdown. He just looked surprised and said "oh no" over and over again. We told him it was "broken" to try and get him to understand that concept. I let him keep it with him to hold in case that made him feel better. We went downstairs and he was still ok. He had a snack then would pick up the paci and throw it in disgust, but then 10 seconds later he went to go pick it up in hopes that it was normal again. Well, the real test.........bedtime. We put him to bed with the broken bopee. He was quiet for a good 45 minutes and just when I thought I had won the battle, I heard him talking upstairs. I sent Ben upstairs to lay him down. Then at 10pm as I stood outside his door listening he said "oh no, bopee....mommy" so of course I had to go in there as soon as he called my name. I went in and told him it was time to sleep and he seemed comforted by me. I stayed a few minutes and he was asleep by 10:15pm. He slept through the night. :) I would consider this attempt a success!
1 comment:
Awwwww....I think you handled the bopee problem well!! You are such a good boy!!! When you read this years later, I'm sure you will know it was for the best and probably laugh that Mommy and Daddy did that. You can use this method on your own children...Love you...Grandma
Post a Comment