Monday, October 10, 2011

Beach Bound & 7 Months

Well, just our luck. The weekend we choose to head to the beach for some fun and sun, it rains ~ storm is more like it for two days straight! It hasn't rained in Texas for like 10 months except for this weekend. We still managed to have fun anyway. We met Papa there and visited with Aunt B and Jimmy. Saturday night after we arrived, we decided to go to downtown Galveston for some dinner. We ended up at Fisherman's Warf (http://www.fishermanswharfgalveston.com)

I guess Mason was hungry enough or he was just really excited to see Papa (a little of both for sure) that he decided he wanted BBQ, so everything was BBQ this or BBQ that. He ordered the "BBQ" grilled cheese off the kids menu. While that was cooking in the kitchen, our appetizers arrived and Mason dug in. He decided to try everything that was seafood and he loved it! My mouth dropped when I saw him put the first piece of calamari in his mouth. Then he ate fried crawfish, shrimp, and to top it all off........some crab & lobster bisque. Yep, that's my kid! I guess he doesn't have a shellfish allergy. The next morning (Sunday) we ate breakfast at the hotel and he tried scrambled eggs. Another food he has never tried before. Now, whether he will eat any of this again for a long time when we come back to reality at home is still to be seen. Crossing my fingers though! After breakfast we decided to visit the aquarium and rainforest at Moody Gardens since it was raining all day. Monday morning the weather cleared up and we decided to go to the beach for an hour before heading back home. After all, we couldn't leave without Mason collecting some seashells. This was Harper's first time on the beach and she enjoyed it. The water was a tad cold at first, but you got used to it after a few minutes. Oh, did I forget to mention that I lost my sunglasses too in the gulf of Mexico. Maybe they'll wash up in another country in a few months! Here are some pics from our trip.


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys had a great time in spite of the rain. Love the pics!!! My two little ones are getting so big. Rain doesn't have to spoil things, you manage to make the best of it and at least you got one hour on the beach! I can tell by the smiles on your faces you really enjoyed yourselves. Papa being there was a special treat. I really miss you guys...oh well one day hope to see you. Love you....Grandma