Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Mason's First Dentist appt.
This morning was Mason's first dentist appt. and I have to admit as usual I was a bit worried about how he would react. Well, yet again he surprised me. We walked into the Rising Stars Pediatric Dentistry and it felt like a 5 star hotel! I was so impressed. They really go all out for the kiddos. Mason felt at ease when we walked in the room until Dr. Thomas asked him to sit in the chair. That didn't go over too well. She did the exam with him just standing up in front of her and did great! He has all 20 teeth that he is suppose to have at this age. Now, of course I would have taken a picture, BUT he was cooperating so well I didn't want to throw a wrench in it. He let the dentist brush his teeth, count his teeth, apply fluoride paste, scrape some plaque off the front teeth, and floss! We are pleased that he doesn't have any cavities. He just might have to get braces. At first glance it looked like he would take after Daddy. All of his teeth are compacted tightly together and he has some calcium build up like Mommy. He has a slight overbite, but overall very healthy teeth! I'm so glad I was crazy about brushing his teeth all the time. We will have to start flossing more regularly now too. At least my little man had a great first time experience at the dentist. He walked out of there with a few goodies to boot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a trooper!! You did very well for your first dentist appointment! It's scary for the first time, but you did it!!! I am so proud of you. Love you...Grandma
Post a Comment