I put Mason down for his nap today and I went downstairs and was working on my computer when 10 minutes into it I heard the thump. The dreaded thump that I knew would happen one day, but my heart was still in my throat, not expecting it. I didn't hear any crying. I ran upstairs and opened the bedroom door and saw Mason standing outside of his crib and when he saw me he cried. I think he was very scared and just stood in shock. I ran over and grabbed him and checked every inch of him to make sure there were no injuries. I saw a rug burn like mark on top of his left eye on his forehead by the hairline. It went away in a matter of an hour. I held him and he fell asleep in my arms. I was worried he had a concussion so I called the Dr. immediately and she told me to wake him up and check for certain signs. I did and he was fine. He didn't go back to sleep and was running all over the house just like usual. I wish I knew what made that horrible noise and how he fell, but perhaps it was better that I didn't witness it otherwise I would be playing it over and over in my head. We will put him in a toddler bed soon. For now I am just waiting for him to go to sleep before I leave the room.
Later he was watching TV and starting singing "rain, rain, go away..." So cute!
1 comment:
I know it was pretty scary for Mommy hearing that thump. As long as you were OK...that's all that matters. I guess we will never know what happened. Love you.....Grandma
Post a Comment